How do you stay in touch? How do you maintain contact with friends and loved ones, with strangers and world news, with colleagues and the wider church, with God and with yourself? Many of us in the RevGals community are bloggers, facebookers, tweeters, instagramers, and most definitely texters. But social media is only one platform for staying in touch…
- Jan at Yearning for God celebrates the joy of postcards to send a quick note, especially while traveling.
- Katyandtheword shares a fabulous graphic from the Millenial Pastor on the similar movements through liturgy and social media: gathering in community, hearing/reading the word, sharing stories with others.
- At achurchforstarvingartists, Jan observes the importance of staying connected to the world and to individuals beyond the church, lest we develop “Church Brain.”
- Sometimes we need the reminder to stay in touch with those we see every day, as Amy at Living Water(town) realizes while shucking corn with her daughter.
- Katie of InsidedOut is staying in touch with God through the mosquito, of all annoying creatures.
- Sharing photos of beautiful carvings by the monks at Mepkin Abbey, Liberation Theology Lutheran Kristin remembers to stay in touch with our immediate resources — from a fallen tree in the yard to the leftovers in the fridge.
“How are you staying in touch?” is a question not only about communication, but also of spiritual perspective and mindfulness. So how do you stay in touch? Share your observations, blogposts and appreciations in the comments below.