This week I spent the first 1 1/2 days on a jury panel being questioned so that the formal jury could be formed. This being a murder trial, there were eight rows (of ten seats) in all. I was #67 out of 80. It was interesting to see how the potential jurors answered the questions, especially about their occupations and high schools graduated from.Not chosen, I came home Tuesday afternoon instead of spending the next 2-3 weeks in a courtroom.
With this on my mind, as well as a jury notice for Federal Court for November 4, I am wondering about your experience(s) with jury duty.
1. Have you been called to jury duty? How many times? Did you excuse yourself or show up at the courthouse?
2. What were the results of your call to jury duty?
3. What does your state base its candidates’ list from?
4. Have you ever served on a jury? What was that like?
5. Have you ever had a jury summons to a U. S. Court? What was it like?
**This is an early FF, because I will be out of computer range for most of the morning. I hope you’ll play! Please share your experiences on your blog and leave your blog address in the comments section.