In honor of Karla, the usual sponsor of this page on the second Friday, I announce it as a random Friday Five. But with a theme: NEW.
1. If you have one, what is your new resolution?
2. Many folks choose a new word for a year’s beginning, as Marci’s congregation does with StarWords. Some let their word choose them, like Christine at Abbey of the Arts. Do you have a word for the year?
3. What is your new favorite exclamation/phrase at times of joy or frustration?
4. Do you have a new favorite food, or an old one you are newly enjoying?
5. Finally, in general: what is your new favorite thing?
13 thoughts on “Random Friday Five: New”
Yay for the west coast! http://wp.me/pmAUK-wj
Can’t find your post…please try again!!
I scheduled it to post tomorrow, that’s probably why. It will show up in the morning.
I played random new
Here’s my play. http://marybethbutler.typepad.com/terrapin_station/2015/01/friday-five-new.html
I had fun. I’m always surprised at what my answers turn out to be when I write the Friday Five!
The resolution is no resolution. My word is TRUST. My mouth can be reflective of my background, so I have to be careful. Have a few “replacements” like: sugar, Balzac, holey buckets. Then there is kwel beans. We eat new foids all the time, but yesterday my spouse came home with Chicken Schwarma, and putting that in a pita was wonderful. My new fav thing is my Common English Bible download, as well as the rearrangement if our apartmemt as we cull and downsize a bit
Andrea, sounds great! I’ll take some of that Chicken Schwarma.
1. Resolved to be more healthy in 2015 by continuing to plan outings and enjoyable, expressive activities for myself and the children. And get a grip or at least be more confident about/ on this single, widowed pastor thing. Better parenting…etc.
3. Arrrgghhh! Or if I am really mad and the children aren’t around (or parishioners): Fxxxk. (not new though; I could be admittedly more creative with swearing…. Maybe start swearing in Swedish, since that is all I can seem to remember of it.)
For joy: Ahhhh…. or WOW… or a gasp.
4. Sushi freak.
5. New favorite thing: When my children greet me at the end of the day. Hearing, “Mommy!”
Second favorite: connecting with a spiritual girl tribe over food and books and spiritual awakenings. It is like balm to the soul. Truly.
thanks, MB! this was tough and much-needed. Peace and hope to all!
I played with the new over at signs-along-the-way. Maybe my resolution should be how to print the link. I’m such a luddite!!!!!
Got to speak out some of 2014’s social injustice struggle and the blessings of now heading into 2015… Yay FREEDOM !!
Thanks, Mary Beth. I played here
oops make that here