Saint Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, which got me thinking about how the “official” saints of the church touch our individual and collective worlds. A woman I met recently was born on St. Patrick’s Day, and her parents honored the occasion by naming her for this saint whose feast day is the cause for much celebration. So for today’s Friday Five, please share with us a little something about the saints that are a part of your life in one way or another.
1) Do you have a “favorite” saint? Tell us about him or her!
2) Some of us share names with a saint. If that is the case, has that saint, or his or her feast day, held any meaning for you?
3) Is there a saint whose life or story intrigues you (other than number 1)?
4) Do you pray with, or to, a saint (or saints)?
5) Many saints are designated patrons of occupations, needs or occasions (like traveling). Is there such a saint that factors into your life professional, or avocationally?
Bonus: please share a picture of one (or more) of the saints named above.
Be sure to post the link to your blog if you play today’s FF there so that we can visit and say hello!