My coworker looked over with amusement at my purse. It was stuffed to the brim so that I had both hands free to carry a large vase of flowers. We both began to chuckle as I kept pulling out items I needed: communion wine, computer charger, hiliter, tissues, rescue inhaler, and finally my phones (yes… I carry TWO!) It felt like I was carrying Mary Poppins’ carpetbag!
Sometimes, as pastors, chaplains, moms or just itinerant workers, our purses and backpacks do become “carry-alls.” So this made me wonder: what are you carrying around that perhaps you could unload or set aside? Please share:
- Physical: What do you ALWAYS carry in your purse/wallet/coat pocket/backpack?
- Whimsical: Is there a surprise inside? What’s among the unusual items?
- Practical: As a chaplain, I always have some breath mints and tissues. How about you?
- Spiritual: Share a question or lesson from your spiritual life that you’re puzzling about.
- Virtual: Anything you’d like us to help you carry? Or maybe you have a picture, quote or story to lighten another’s load?
BONUS: share a photo of your bag/backpack/purse/car — we won’t judge!
We invite you play along by either giving us your answers in the comments, or pasting in your blog’s link. I’ll be around to visit later this afternoon.