Animals are on my mind this week. Pictured are two cats we adopted together in 1990: Leather (left) and Lace. Leather was the stealthy hunter and Lace was the demanding princess. They stayed with us for 15 years. On Easter 2005 we came home to find Lace in rigor with her paw on the chair looking like she had been trying to jump up. Leather passed a few months later.
My wife Mary and I have had a lot of animals live with us over the years, and we like to see them in the wild as well. I’m betting a lot of you like animals too.
So my challenge for us this week is to write about animals.
- Tell us about an animal you know: perhaps one of your pets, or the pet of a friend or family member, or the cat that hangs around the church.
- What’s your favorite real animal? Walking stick bug? Penguin? T-Rex? Echidna?
- What’s your favorite fantasy/mythological animal? Unicorns? Hippogryphs?
- What’s your favorite fictional animal – Scooby Doo? Garfield the Cat? Grape Ape?
- What animal best represents who you are today, and why? Is it an animal that exhibits fierceness? Or one that’s loyal?
Play along in the comments, or write something on your blog and post the link here!
RevGalBlogPals encourages you to share our blog posts via email or social media. We do not grant permission to cut-and-paste prayers and articles without a link back. For permission to use material in paper publications, please email revgalblogpals at gmail dot com.