We’re approaching the days of the “last hurrah!” before the launch of Lent, a time that often feels rushed with finalizing plans for seasonal practices, writing small treatises on the traditions of discipline, sacrifice, and spiritual intention, and taking a breath to tend to our own encounter with Lent–even as we shepherd others through it. A party is definitely in order!
For today’s Friday Five, share with us:
- What type of Fat Tuesday celebration your church will hold next week…
- Are there other ways of acknowledging the roots of Mardi Gras that you’d like to employ (a possible title for this subject might be, “Beyond Pancakes”)? (Note: this is a trick question.)
- Have you found ways to weave the playful nature of Carnival into the preseason observances of Lent?
- What kind of celebratory breather would you enjoy for your own sanity before the solemnity of Lent takes hold?
- Speaking of sanity, what works for you as a means of sustaining your spirit through the Forty Days and Triduum?
RevGalBlogPals encourages you to share our blog posts via email or social media. We do not grant permission to cut-and-paste prayers and articles without a link back. For permission to use material in paper publications, please email revgalblogpals at gmail dot com.