- I am no longer my own, but yours.
- Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will;
- put me to doing, put me to suffering;
- let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you,
- exalted for you, or brought low for you;
- let me be full
- let me be empty,
- let me have all things,
- let me have nothing:
- I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things
- to your pleasure and disposal.
- And now, glorious and blessed God,
- Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
- you are mine and I am yours. So be it.
- And the covenant now made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven.
(This is a modern translation of John Wesley’s Covenant Prayer, in honor of our UMC Revgals and pals gathering next week in Portland, Oregon for General Conference 2016.)
RevGalBlogPals encourages you to share our blog posts via email or social media. We do not grant permission to cut-and-paste prayers and articles without a link back. For permission to use material in paper publications, please email revgalblogpals at gmail dot com.