Recently, I noticed that Rick Astley, a popular musician from my teen years, is in the process of releasing a new album called 50. While it’s been many years since he released an album, Astley is getting more attention thanks to social media and the Rick Rolling phenomenon a few years back.
Hearing from Rick Astley once again has been a wonderful opportunity for me to enjoy his music once again. As I’ve listened to some of his older hits from the late 1980’s, memories of high school flash at me. For a moment or two, I recall being 15 years old, enjoying “Together Forever.” And recalling these memories makes me wonder:
- Which musical artist from your teen years would you love to see in concert?
- Which album was your favorite during high school?
- If you could create a festival (like Woodstock, Lilith Fair or Lollapalooza) of your favorite bands from high school or college, which bands would you choose?
- What was the best concert you’ve attended in your life?
- What song from your childhood, teen years or adulthood means more to you now (because of lyrics or the power of memory)?
Please respond below in the comments or use this as a prompt to write a blog post. Remember to post the link in the comments.
The Rev. Michelle L. Torigian is the Pastor of St. Paul United Church of Christ, Old Blue Rock Road in Cincinnati. Her essay “Always a Pastor, Never the Bride” was in the RevGalBlogPals book There’s a Woman in the Pulpit. Torigian blogs at http://www.michelletorigian.com.
RevGalBlogPals encourages you to share our blog posts via email or social media. We do not grant permission to cut-and-paste prayers and articles without a link back. For permission to use material in paper publications, please email revgalblogpals at gmail dot com.
3 thoughts on “Friday Five: Throwback Tunes”
Thanks for the trip down memory lane! https://southernfriedcalifornian.com/2016/06/10/friday-five-throwback-tunes/
I played! http://rainbowpastor.blogspot.com/
Here’s mine… https://revsharkie.wordpress.com/